Developed by the industry’s most revered engineers, VENN signals a whole new era in woodwinds innovation: combining the stability and longevity of a synthetic reed with the sound and feel of natural cane. To mimic the organic structure of cane, we reverse-engineered cane itself, layering different strengths of polymer fibers with resin and organic reed elements to make up the reed blank.
The result? VENN outlasts and outperforms anything else like it – all while sounding and playing like your favorite cane reed.
- Unique combination of polymer fibers give Venn natural flexibility, for response and articulation similar to a cane reed.
- Combined with resin making VENN resistant to adverse elements and stresses that quickly break down natural cane reeds.
- Natural cane particles allow VENN to mimic cane, giving a warmer and richer sound.
- Available for Bb Clarinet, Alto and Tenor Saxophone.
Some players say they can’t make synthetics work for them. What makes VENN worth trying?
• VENN’s combination of synthetic materials and natural cane elements makes it the most advanced synthetic reed on the market combing the benefits of synthetics without sacrificing the sound and playability of cane reeds.
It has cane in it? Is it a hybrid? Will it be affected by environmental conditions?
• VENN is very much a synthetic reed. Therefore it won’t be affected by environmental conditions. The cane elements used help create a more natural sound but are held within the overall structure and do not affect the longevity.